Established as early as 1912, Nantong University is today an amalgamation of Nantong Institute of Technology, Nantong Medical College, and Nantong Teachers College. Located in the city of Nantong in Jiangsu province of China, the Nantong University was co-built by the then provincial government and the transport ministry of China. Today the university comprises of 4campuses that house 26 colleges and one hospital. The university offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in a lot of fields that include economics, engineering, education, law, literature, management, medical science, science, history, etc. There are over 2500 staff members who are well-trained and highly skilled in their respective fields.
The Medical School of Nantong University is the oldest and the largest school on the Campus. It is also one of the best places to study MBBS in China. The medical school comprises of 12 research and teaching centers for Preclinical Medicine and Medical Humanities, 8 laboratories, and 23 Clinical Medicine departments. The medical department has over 3500 students studying in the 12 undergraduate programs, five provincial key disciplines, and nine provincial clinical medicine specialties. The university offers one of the best MBBS courses in China and has many students coming in from various countries in the world like Japan, India, etc.
Highlights of Nantong University
• Nantong University is one of the oldest universities in China with an extremely strong student base
• The university’s medical school is the largest on the campus and is considered one of the top medical colleges in China
• The Nantong University is recognized by WHO and the students who graduate are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the various medical councils of the world
• The international students are taught Chinese as a compulsory subject during the entire undergraduate medical program
• The university arranges for summer training courses for its students
• Nantong University actively participates in academic exchange and cooperation with many universities and research institutes in different countries like the United States, Portugal, Britain, Germany, Australia, Canada, Japan, etc.
• The medical school has over 5 doctoral supervisors, 150 professors, 145master supervisors, 190 associate professors along part-time teachers.
• All the teaching staff in this Chinese MBBS University are learned, well trained, and highly experienced• The medical school also has 52 hospitals for teaching practice and16 affiliated hospitals for clinical teaching and graduation internship
A beautiful port city situated on the northern bank of the Yangtze River, Nantong is well-known for its salt production, marine production, and embroidery work. Popularly known as the"Pearl of the River and Sea", this city is one of the first 14 cities that were open to international trade and economy. Today, it is one of China’s popular tourist destinations and has earned the title of the ‘First Window on the Yangtze River. One of the cities in the Yangtze Delta Economic Zone to see the fastest economic growth, Nantong has greatly modernized today. There are many tourist attractions like the Langshan scenic area, the Nantong Museum, etc. where tourists love to visit. The food includes Cantonese cuisine and Sichuan cuisine, which is delicious and must not be missed. The city experiences all four seasons and Spring is the best time to visit.
Indian students at Nantong University
Considered as one of the best medical universities in China for Indian students, the Nantong University invites students from all around the world for its six-year MBBS course, which includes one year of clinical practice. To be eligible to apply, a foreign student must be:
• Must be in a good state of physical and mental health
• Must be a non-Chinese citizen
• Must not have a criminal record
• Must be below 30 years of age
• Must have an educational background that is equivalent to high school graduation in China.
• Must be proficient in the English language
• Must have good moral character
• Must obey and respect the laws and regulations of the university, the Chinese government, and Chinese customs.
In order to apply for MBBS in China, the applicant must submit the following
• A photocopy of the passport
• Passport-sized photo
• Original copies of the high school graduation certificate;
• Original copies of the high school mark sheets
• A health certificate
The application can be made online and offline through email. Post the application, an online interview is scheduled for the applicant. For more details on the admission procedure, you can contact the Lakshya team.
A student can study medicine in China in English. However, to help students understand and accommodate well in a new country, the Chinese language is taught as a compulsory language in the undergraduate program.
The university provides accommodation facilities to its international students in a safe and secure environment. There are two bedrooms and three bedrooms available for the students on campus. All rooms are furnished with beds, wardrobe, desks, and chairs, air conditioners, internet connection, etc. Public washing machines and microwave ovens are also available for the students.
Nantong University Fees for MBBS