Uzhhorod National University
Founded in October 1945, Uzhhorod National University is one of the oldest and among the top 10 universities in Ukraine. Awarded with Level IV accreditation, this non-profit organization is popular among students both in Ukraine and abroad. While the university consists of over 100 departments that include the department of history, geography, foreign languages, physical education, philology, mathematics, chemistry, physics, law, stomatology, social sciences, engineering, computer technologies, biology, etc, it is popular among medical students for its medical department. Its medical degree is well-recognized by organizations such as WHO and UNESCO, which makes it one of the best colleges to study MBBS in Ukraine.
The medical faculty of Uzhhorod National University is one of the largest in Ukraine and is well-trained. The university offers preparatory, MBBS, and MD courses in general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, etc.
Highlights of Uzhhorod National University
• The university’s educational modules follow the European norms of education.
• The university is ranked third among the best medical universities in Ukraine, which makes it a sought-after university to study MBBS in Ukraine.
• The admission process is fairly simple and does not require any entrance examination.
• Both the UG (undergraduate) and PG (postgraduate) courses are recognized by the ministry of education and the medical council of India.
• The university is a member of several prestigious organizations across the globe and works with over 50 universities around the world in various sectors.
• The university, through its inter-institutional agreements, lets its students and faculty members study and teach abroad.
• This MCI approved medical college in Ukraine provides special facilities for students with disabilities in the classroom and in other access points.
• The research laboratories and other educational platforms are modern and nurture innovation.
• The university partakes in student exchange programs and sends out many students every year to various corners of the world.
Uzhhorod Previously known as Ungvar, the lovely city of Uzhhorod is located in Western Ukraine and shares its borders with Slovakia. Considered the administrative center of the Zakarpatska Oblast, this historical city has a lot to offer to its tourists.
Divided by the river Uzh, this city has two parts – the old and the new. While the new part is developed and full of schools and universities, the old part is a great tourist attraction filled with ancient castles, cathedrals, botanical parks, monuments, and museums.
The temperature in the city is pretty pleasant all year round with short and comfortable winters and long and cool summer months. There is no electric transport in the city and you can go around the place in taxis, buses, and trains. Surrounded and protected by forests on all sides, the pretty city also has quite a few places to eat, dine, and make merry.
Indian students at Uzhhorod National University
Recognized by various esteemed medical organizations like the IMED, General Council of Medicine of Great Britain, Medical Council of India, US Education Department, etc.
Language: A student can study medicine in Ukraine in English. The mode of instruction in the university is in both English and Russian.
The university campus has well-furnished hostel rooms for both boys and girls. There are a total of 5 hostels on the campus all the students and even their families.
All the rooms are equipped with beds, mattresses, desks, chairs, heating systems, ample lighting, etc. Each hostel section has a common kitchen too where the students can cook as and when they like.
A student is allotted a particular room after a health checkup and the consequent report.
Campus Facilities: Considered one of the best medical colleges in Ukraine, the Uzhhorod National University has many facilities for the students on its campus. There is a student leisure center named ‘Juventus’ where students interested in music can hone their skills, The university also takes its sportsmen seriously and around 24 sports are played by the students studying in the university.
There is a swimming pool, 18 playing fields, a ski resort, a library, a recreation center, and much more.
it is fairly simple for an Indian student to apply to the medical department of the Uzhhorod National University. All one needs to do to study in one of the top medical colleges in Ukraine is the following:
• Submit the filled-up application form along with the original education certificate and a copy of the same.
• Submit a copy of the passport
• Submit a copy of the Birth Certificate
• Submit a medical health certificate that is certified by the official health protection authority of a country in which the applicant resides. The medical health certificate must be issued no later than 2 months before the date of the applicant leaving for Ukraine.
• Six copies of color photos (size 6×4 cm) of the applicant
For more details on the admission procedure, you can contact the Lakshya mbbs overseas team.
Uzhhorod National University Fees for MBBS