Crimean Federal Medical University
Crimean Federal University located in the city of Simferopol, Russia happens to be one of the most renowned and old medical schools in the country of Russia. It was earlier known as the medical faculty of Taurida University in around 1918, and then in 1931 it attained autonomous status and established itself as Crimean Medical Institute. Then finally in 1995, it was renamed Crimea Federal Medical University in honor of the famous rector of the institute – Sergey Ivanovich Georgievsky. Since its inception years, the university has yielded great students and professional doctors with great academic performances. Apart from providing specialized modern medical courses in the domain of Pharmacy and General Medicine the Crimean Medical University ensures to keep on improving its courses to carry forward the legacy which it has been carrying with itself.
Crimean Medical University has been certified by the International Education Society of London in the year 2006 and was also conferred the AA University category for being one of the top institutions at the global stage of Medical education. Currently, the University hosts students from over 45 different nations and gives prime attention to the educational experience aspect of the students to maintain the high standards which it has shown since its initial years.
The city of Simferopol is the capital of Crimean and a very picturesque place. It is located in the south of the Crimean peninsula and is on the bank of the river Salhir. The city also has the famous Simferopol Reservoir which is one of the largest artificial reservoirs on the planet which provides clean drinking water to the entire city. It also has the Simferopol earth dam which is the biggest of its kind in entire Europe. The city has a mix of ancient and modern infrastructure and there are multiple commuting facilities available for easy transportation. The city of Simferopol is located in the southern part of Crimea and has extremes of temperature. The summers are very hot and humid and can go up to 42 degrees while the winters are very cold and go down to -7 degrees. But unlike the other areas of Russia, the winters are not that long. Hence you have to keep both warm and light clothes for the required season. Football happens to be the most loved sport and there are local clubs that participate in both the Ukrainian Premier League and Crimea Premier League. The city also has an International airport and hence one does not need to travel to a different city to catch an international flight.
Indian students at Crimean Federal Medical University
For quite some time, Russia has been one of the most aimed foreign countries for Indians when it comes to pursuing a medical career. Owing to the good international ranks of the Crimea Medical University and also for the fact that it is recognized by the Medical Council of India, many students have been a part of this prestigious institute. The university takes special care of its Indian students, and they have specific North and South Indian categories of food available especially for them. The city of Simferopol also has a decent Indian population and hence it gets easier to quickly acclimatize to a new location when one would see folks from the same nationality.
Highlights of Crimea Medical University
• Crimean Medical University is a recognized Government University and is one of the best-ranked colleges in the country of Russia.
• The University is also approved by the Medical Council of India and hence students qualifying from this university would be allowed to practice the medical profession in India.
• The Crimean Medical University ranks 13572 of 40000 international universities.
• There is 799 highly qualified university staff out of which 106 are Doctorates of the Science domain, 524 Ph.D. holders, and the rest are associate and academy professors.
• Out of the qualified teaching professionals - 60 have received honorary titles and 14 have been recipients of State Prize laureates.
• The Crimean Medical University campus is beautiful and huge. Spread across 17.3 hectares, the university has 5 hostel complexes, 16 educational structures, dedicated zones for sports and recreation, and many food courts and cafes.
• It is one of the very few Universities that was conferred the “Order of the Red Banner of Labour” in the year 1981.
• In the Year 2017, the Crimean Medical University ranked 69th in the “Top 200 medical schools” project which was initiated by UNESCO.
• The courses that are covered in Crimea Medical University are:- Gastroenterology, Venereology, Dermatology, Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Pulmonary medicine, Urology, Orthopedics, and Traumatology.
• There is a completely separate facility that is built to provide support to foreign students.
Direct Admission for MBBS in Russia is now available in Crimean Federal Medical University. Contact Lakshya MBBS Overseas and Apply now.
Crimean Medical University has state-of-the-art hostel facilities. Five blocks of hostels are incredibly located in the most beautiful part of the campus. The hostels face the Salhir river. There are twin and triple sharing rooms available. Students are not allowed to go outside the campus/hostel post 8 pm.
- The minimum age must be 17 years.
- The maximum age must not exceed 25 years.
- Must be passed Higher Secondary exams obtained a minimum 55 % marks (45% for reserved category).
- Must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
- Must have passed the NEET exam.
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- Neet Result
- 08 Photos (35 mm X 45 mm head centered in the frame. face should cover about 80 percent of the photo area. white background)
Crimean Federal Medical University Fees for MBBS