Established in 1902 as Sanjiang Normal College, Southeast University or Dongda, as it is known today is one of the oldest universities in China. Based in Nanjing, is the first co-educational institute in China, and today, it has developed into a comprehensive university offering a world-class education. The SEU has over 2800 faculty members and over 30,000 students studying in different fields. It offers over 75 undergraduate disciplines, 49 Masters Program, and 30 Ph.D.programs in architecture, biomedical science, and engineering, civil engineering, chemistry, physics, automation, foreign languages, mechanical engineering, law, public health, medicine, etc.
The Medical Department was merged with the Southeast University in 2000. Today, the medical department has six basic medical departments and 12 clinical medical departments. It also has14 research institutes, two key labs, and one teaching center for medical experiments. The medical department also has 10 teaching hospitals that have the capability to hold more than 10,000 inpatient beds. Considered as one of the best universities to Study MBBS in China, over 20,000 students have passed out of the medical college in the past and are well settled in the medical field today.
Highlights of Southeast University
• Considered as one of the top MBBS universities in China, the medical department has about 150 associate professors, 80 professors, 200 master tutors, most of who have taught or practiced abroad.• The clinical medicine course offered by the university is well-famed in China.
• The MBBS program offered by the medical department of the university is approved by the Ministry of Education, China
• The medical college of the university has good connections with reputed institutions in Germany, the United States, and England
• SEU is a Chinese MBBS university that is recognized by WHO and other medical councils of the world like MCI, SCHS, etc.
• The SEU has great institutional rankings in China and throughout Asia as well
• With a fantastic ranking among the list of medical colleges in China, the SEU focuses on a high academic standard
• The institute holds a national leader in many disciplines like information and communication engineering, civil engineering, etc.
• SEU has four beautiful campuses in Nanjing.
Indian students at Southeast University
Considered as an important base in the national medicine scenario in China, this MCI approved medical college in China welcomes international students to study MBBS in its reputed institution. Most of its international students are from India, South Africa, Pakistan, etc. In order to apply for an MBBS course, an application needs to do the following.
• Be a healthy individual above the age of 16years
• Submit a valid passport copy
• Submit passport-sized photos
• Submit the original or notarized version of the senior high school diploma certificate
• Submit original or notarized versions of high school mark sheets
• Submit an authorized copy of the TOEFL test. The applicant must score 550 and above in the paper test or 61 and above in the computer-based test. For applicants whose mother tongue is not English, the IELTS score must be 5.0 and above.
The session starts in September every year. The application can be made both online by filling the online application form and making the payment or offline by email. For more details on the admission procedure and other information, you can contact the Lakshya team.
A student can study medicine in China in English. However, students are taught the Chinese language in the course.
All four campuses have dormitory facilities for the students of the universities. While the Dingjiaqiao Campus mostly accommodates medical students, the Jiulonghu Campus accommodates freshers, etc. The dormitories are well-equipped with all the necessities like an attached bathroom, bed, mattress, hot water facility, heater, air conditioner, internet facility, etc. It also has a kitchen and all kitchenware is provided as well.
Other Campus Facilities
The university campus also has a well-stocked library, a gymnasium for physically active students, and a dining hall as well where you can share meals with your friends.
Southeast University Fees for MBBS