Suez Canal University
Suez Canal University is one of the largest Egyptian higher education institutions providing higher quality education. The university is established in the year of 1976, near Ismailia on the west bank of the Suez Canal. Initially, the university had 6 faculties which promoted to more than 20 faculties. The MED-SCU (Medical Education Department at the Suez Canal University) was established in 2001. It was the first such department to be founded in Arab region Egyptian universities.
Suez Canal University is contributing to higher education development and its interaction with its community through pioneering research associated with its community. The University working with carrying mission “We are a university heading for its community aims to provide opportunities to its students for learning and education which are capable of competition and provide work opportunities in its wide field in the globalization era responding to its community needs and eagerness to develop values within it without compromising to abandon our identity”.
Suez Canal University is established in the city of Egypt, Ismailia. It is the capital of the Ismailia Governorate. The city is a beautiful and attractive spot for tourists and is known as the “City of Beauty and Enchantment”. Ismailia is about an hour and a half away from Cairo (Egypt’s capital) and a four-hour drive to the popular tourist spot Sharm el-Sheikh in South Sinai. Ismailia hosts two festivals annually - the International Film Festival for Documentaries, and the Ismailia International Folklore Arts Festival - and the city's museum.
Suez Canal University is a very large institution - one of the largest in the region, with thousands of students enrolled studying at bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree levels.
Indian students at Suez Canal University
1. MBBS in Egypt is recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India), Medical authorities of Egypt, and WHO (World Health Organization) that allows students to practice their degree in any part of the world as well as can pursue their higher study.
2. The medical degree in Egypt is comparatively cheap as there are also no donation and entry fees.
3. The University is offering high-quality education at a low cost.
4. The University has a good ratio of Indian students that makes Indian students comfortable studying in Egypt.
5. The environment is safe and feasible for Indian students.
Suez Canal University Fees for MBBS